- Feeding the Growing World Population Utilizing Vertical Farming By John Cornacchia
- What is a Green Roof and What are the Benefits?… By John Cornacchia
- Our Need and Obligation to Reduce Impervious Cover By John Cornacchia
- Impervious Surfaces… Paving Our Paradise By John Cornacchia
- Sustainable Development Visions and Visionaries By John Cornacchia
Tag Archives: Green Roof
A green roof system is an extension of the existing roof which involves a high quality water proofing and root repellant system, a drainage system, filter cloth, a lightweight growing medium and plants.
Green roof systems may be modular, with drainage layers, filter cloth, growing media and plants already prepared in movable, interlocking grids, or, each component of the system may be installed separately. Green roof development involves the creation of “contained” green space on top of a human-made structure. This green space could be below, at or above grade, but in all cases the plants are not planted in the “ground’. Green roofs can provide a wide range of public and private benefits.